Trial date set for alleged assassin plotter

 

The state is ready to proceed with the trial of Elvis Ramosebudi, the man accused of allegedly plotting to kill President Jacob Zuma, along with other prominent South Africans, including the controversial Saxonwold family, the Guptas.

Ramosebudi appeared briefly in the Johannesburg Magistrates’ Court on 4 August, on a charge of incitement to commit murder. The accused was arrested by the Hawks in April, during a meeting in Midrand where he was allegedly explaining to donors how the assassination of State Capture beneficiaries was going to be carried out by undercover snipers.

During his first appearance, he was charged with conspiracy to commit murder but, in a dramatic turn of events, the state changed the charge from conspiracy to commit murder, to incitement to commit murder.

Ramosebudi is said to be the founder of the Anti-State Capture Death Squad Alliance (ASCDSA).

A statement released by the Hawks shortly after his arrest, pointed out that in October last year, they intercepted communication material of possible assassinations which were being planned where various cabinet members, state-owned entities and prominent South Africans were listed as targets. President Jacob Zuma’s name was on the said hit list.

The statement also highlighted that during investigations, another group, the Anti-White Monopoly Capitalists Regime (AWMCG) surfaced which necessitated a two-pronged investigative approach. Former Public Protector Thuli Madonsela’s name appeared on the hit list in this group.

“It was discovered that the AWMCG used the same modus operandi soliciting donations in order to assassinate senior government officials and other South African citizens,” alleged Hangwani Mulaudzi, Hawks spokesperson at the time.

Ramosebudi is out on R3 000 bail, with strict conditions that include not making contact with any witnesses and having to visit his local police station three times a week.

The matter has been remanded to 11 to 15 September for plea and trial in the Johannesburg Magistrates’ Court.

 

Related articles:

State change charges against alleged coup plotter

Alleged assassins case postponed

  AUTHOR
Belinda Pheto

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Next Story x
Tech Thursday: Are more South Africans on Facebook than watching TV?

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Alex News
City Buzz
Fourways Review
Joburg East Express
Midrand Reporter
North Eastern Tribune
Northcliff Melville Times
Randburg Sun
Roodepoort Northsider
Rosebank Killarney Gazette
Sandton Chronicle


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other