‘Police are not able to trace criminals’

In 2013, I entered into a contract with a supplier to install a gate motor and extend a perimeter wall at my house in Kelvin. I made copies of his ID document with his photograph and ID number and obtained his residential address.

The greater part of the money was paid into his wife’s account. He claimed that he did not have a banking account of his own, but used a joint account with his wife.

When it was clear that he had absconded, I reported the matter to the police.

The police could not explain why they are unable to trace a criminal even if they have a copy of his ID document, with details of numbers and a photograph of that person. Also, they could not explain why they have not visited the bank to trace the owner of the account and the deposits that I made into that account. Surely the details of all customers are recorded by the banks and updated from time to time?

The matter is long outstanding and I have given up all hope that I will ever recover the money I lost.

Want to receive news alerts via WhatsApp?

Send a WhatsApp message with your name to 079 439 5345

find your
dream home

looking for an

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News


Recommended Story x
Sandton gets lit up as young DJs set fire to the music scene

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:

Alex News
City Buzz
Fourways Review
Joburg East Express
Midrand Reporter
North Eastern Tribune
Northcliff Melville Times
Randburg Sun
Roodepoort Northsider
Rosebank Killarney Gazette
Sandton Chronicle

Your details:

Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)